Bing0320

Re: Bimmercode App experience?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?

bwilson4web
Forum Supporter

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 am

Bing0320 wrote:I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?

There can be multiple causes. A simple test, low engine oil level, was my fault. Others have reported various sensors can induce the fault.

I picked up another app, BimmerLink, that reports the codes ... in German!

Bob Wilson
20k/27k mi 2014 BMW i3-REx
10k/10k mi 2017 Prius Prime

zzzz

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Will it work for i3 rex without nav? my i3 rex does not have tech package. I want to get the app and enable 75% hold

Sdg24

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Anyone run into a problem where bimmercode has 2 different things checked in a menu?

Went to code my 2.4 gal tank in the tank voll menu. Originally it was set to rex us. So I changed it to the normal rex. When I came back into the menu both were checked. Any thoughts?

Jims5543

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:10 pm

After you make the change in the app are you coding it to the car? There is a command at the top of the app that tells it to send the code to the car, It warns you not to interrupt the process and make sure the battery levels are good on everything.

I finally have everything in order, I did not dig deep into the coding, I was after 2-3 things, I wanted to turn on the battery hold function, increase the tank capacity and then fart around with a couple of minor settings.

I think I read here the car will tell you initially it needs to be serviced then that goes away.

I programmed my battery level hold to my memory 8 button. Thinking of taking it for a test drive, it is actually a daily driver for my wife.

I saw there were 2 ways to code, via a menu with options or I could switch to detailed coding all in German, I need to make some notes next time I hook up and mess with it.

cancad

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:23 am

Yesterday I found that the factory set value of TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE was actually 8.5L (0x11). After I coded Increase Electronically limited Fuel Capacity to 'active' (from 'unkown value') with BimmerCode's non-expert mode the TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE became 8L (0x10). I believe this is a bug in the app.

I manually set the the value to 9L (0x12) and coded it, and then the fuel indication bar changed from full to about 95% full. It looks like what I want, but I'm a little worried I could completely dry the tank and damage the pump. :roll:

Any thoughts?

scott135i

Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:28 pm

SSi3

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am

cancad wrote:Yesterday I found that the factory set value of TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE was actually 8.5L (0x11). After I coded Increase Electronically limited Fuel Capacity to 'active' (from 'unkown value') with BimmerCode's non-expert mode the TNK_VOLL_ANZEIGE became 8L (0x10). I believe this is a bug in the app.

I manually set the the value to 9L (0x12) and coded it, and then the fuel indication bar changed from full to about 95% full. It looks like what I want, but I'm a little worried I could completely dry the tank and damage the pump. :roll:

Any thoughts?

I don't think its possible to run the tank dry, its electronically limited to leave a little as you wouldn't want it draining the fuel lines completely, otherwise it won't start the next time.
2015 i3 REx - born electric 4/25/15

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”