Bing0320

Re: Bimmercode App experience?

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:13 pm

I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?

bwilson4web
Forum Supporter

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 am

Bing0320 wrote:I’ve been reading your posts on i3 and they helped me a lot in deciding to buy an i3. Thanks a lot!

I coded my BMW i3 2014 Rex today with BimmerCode. Pretty straightforward process. However, after I drove with Range Extender on for about 10 miles, the Check Engine Light turned on as well..

I stopped twice after the CEL turned on, but it didn’t disappear after restarting the engine.

I got my 2014 Rex two months ago and this was the first time i used the range extender.

I wonder if you went to the dealer or found out the cause of the issue yet?

There can be multiple causes. A simple test, low engine oil level, was my fault. Others have reported various sensors can induce the fault.

I picked up another app, BimmerLink, that reports the codes ... in German!

Bob Wilson

zzzz

Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:28 pm

Will it work for i3 rex without nav? my i3 rex does not have tech package. I want to get the app and enable 75% hold

Sdg24

Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Anyone run into a problem where bimmercode has 2 different things checked in a menu?

Went to code my 2.4 gal tank in the tank voll menu. Originally it was set to rex us. So I changed it to the normal rex. When I came back into the menu both were checked. Any thoughts?

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”