Squeaking when turning left

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdobbie

Hi, whenever I turn left in the car I am getting a squeaking sound which seems to be coming from the left wheel area. I have removed the engine cover and inspected the engine mounts and checked all around the rear wheels and nothing looks damaged. What could it be? I recorded a video of the motor and the noise can be heard clearly. https://youtu.be/DHRqPT4c2xg?t=2m2s Skip to 2 minutes in the video and it can be heard best there. Might it be one of the heat shields?

I would have it checked out by BMW. I know you said you checked out the engine mount, but my car is with the dealer right now for a sound not dissimilar to yours when going round corners. They diagnosed it as a broken/damaged engine mount bolt. A number of other people have had the same failure. It's been with the dealer for 9 days so far as they wait for parts to arrive from Germany :(

smyszko said:
I would have it checked out by BMW. I know you said you checked out the engine mount, but my car is with the dealer right now for a sound not dissimilar to yours when going round corners. They diagnosed it as a broken/damaged engine mount bolt. A number of other people have had the same failure. It's been with the dealer for 9 days so far as they wait for parts to arrive from Germany :(

Does the squeaking in your car only occur only when turning left?

I have the same problem with my i3 and it's been in twice for the repair. Both unsuccessful. Did anyone ever determine the cause and fix?

Back