Taking a UK Car into France - Headlight Adjustment?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabster

How is it done? I've opened up the frunk and had a look at the light units and there's nothing obvious to switch the beam aim. I also checked the useless owners manual and it just said something to the effect of "they will need to be adjusted" yeah, thanks BMW!

I know that some people from the UK have taken their i3's abroad so hoping someone can help me? Do I need to take it into the dealer?

I have not taken my i3 abroad yet but in previous cars with similar headlights I have never bothered as the cut off line is quite low. Never had a problem.

I have a UK 2021 i3 and have brought it to France for a couple of weeks. I’d looked on here and other places online and the consensus seemed to be there was nothing to do with the headlights needing reflecting from dazzling drivers.

I drove at night for the first time and after 30 minutes on a dual carriageway it was obvious from the fact that 80% of the vehicles coming the other direction were dazzled by the i3’s headlights as they were all flashing me with their full beams.

Is there something I need to be doing or do I just need to go old school and buy those sticky reflectors for the headlights please?

Back