Looking for i3 rex route from San Francisco to Lancaster

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicdvm

We are planning a trip in our i3 rex from San Francisco, CA to the Lancaster/Palmdale area. Does anyone have recommendations for which route/stops will get us there with some combination of quick charging and gas? We know we can go down I-5 to 138 and stop for gas every hour, but would prefer to reduce a stop by getting in at least one charge, if that's feasible. On my PlugShare app, some of the (otherwise) logical charging locations along route 99 seem to have problems (e.g. "non operational" plugs!).
Thanks

I would take the coast road, 101. Unless you are in a hurry, there are several level 2 charging stations along the way, allowing for a long two hour lunch which will give you quite a bit of battery charge. There is a level 3 fast charger in Santa Barbara and I believe there is one now in San Luis Obispo. Also check San Jose, Salinas and Santa Maria. Once in the Los Angeles basin, there are plenty of options that will allow you to make the short trip to Lancaster/Palmdale.

Back