First Services in the UK

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

55jwb

got the impression it was just a filter and oil change, just walked out being charged £450!! :shock:

main dealer prices of course but wasn't expecting anything like that! wife collected the car so not seen the sheet, think there was a particle filter that was well over £100

anyone else had a first services experience like this?

!!! - Was feeling daft having got the service element for my i3 lease £23 a month (x 36 = £828), however I've had two flat tyres replaced and will have one (1st) service this summer and probably another 2 tires from wear so working out not to bad.

On the tyre front, could only get tyres from BMW dealers so both were replaced there, which from another posters experience was about £220, so £450 for service plus £220 x 4 tires = £1,330

(Man maths at work)

£220 x 4 tires

Really? I think you can do better than that. I spent a minute looking and found the 175 for £100 less than that out of Germany:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pneumatico-Bridgestone-Ecopia-EP500-175-60-R19-86Q-asymmetric-BMW-i3-BMW-i3-/121843578467

I'm sure there are other purchase options in the UK other than BMW dealers, have you rung the Bridgestone dealers?

Here in Australia, where there are relatively few i3's on the road, Bridgestone confirmed they would be carrying stock, and their pricing would be more sane than the dealer. I haven't had to avail myself of them yet to confirm...

The service pack BMW offer (when i bought mine!) with the car when new is only £375 for 5 years (could be 4, cant recall) so very surprised to see first service might exceed this amount. This price appears to be the same regardless of BEV/Rex so seems quite good value.

55jwb said:
got the impression it was just a filter and oil change, just walked out being charged £450!! :shock:

main dealer prices of course but wasn't expecting anything like that! wife collected the car so not seen the sheet, think there was a particle filter that was well over £100

anyone else had a first services experience like this?

Ouch!

No experiences yet, as my car is still in its first year. Before purchasing my i3 REx, I checked with my dealer on the individual prices of the first 2 services. IIRC, within the first 5 years both services would normally cost about £900, plus materials. Therefore, I also went for the aforementioned service pack for £375. This covers the first 2 services in the first 5 years and includes labour & liquids, but not any other consumables, like brakes or filters.

Re tyres, I check prices regularly and I seem to remember that Halfords recently offered i3 19" tyres at about £120 each fully fitted.

I hope this helps.

Back