Gas Station Reactions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefuturenow

If I were to purchase an i3 with a range extender I would imagine a lot of confused looks every time I refill the gas tank, as in my state the gas stations are required to have employees filling up tanks. The sheer confusion about where the gas goes as well as why I only filled it with under two gallons would be comedic gold :lol:.

thefuturenow said:
If I were to purchase an i3 with a range extender I would imagine a lot of confused looks every time I refill the gas tank, as in my state the gas stations are required to have employees filling up tanks. The sheer confusion about where the gas goes as well as why I only filled it with under two gallons would be comedic gold :lol:.
In my state, they'd pump 5 gallons over the electrical socket. :eek:

Bob Wilson

Been there. First they go for the rear cover where the electrical plug is. They know right away that it isn't a typical car when they open it. I tell them it is electric and that gas goes in the front. I show them where. Two gallons later when it clicks off they don't look surprised. Lots of questions about the car after that. At the end they often say they would buy one if they ever win the lottery. Most people are surprisingly positive about the car.

TOEd said:
Been there. First they go for the rear cover where the electrical plug is. They know right away that it wasn't a typical car when they open it. I tell them it is electric and that gas goes in the front. I show them where. Two gallons later when it clicks off they don't look surprised. Lots of questions about the car after that. At the end they say they often say they would buy one if they ever win the lottery. Most people surprisingly positive about the car.

While $40k+ is on the higher end for a car, I think people have inflated ideas about the price of the i3. I'm sure people's perceptions range from $35k-$100k+.

bwilson4web said:
thefuturenow said:
In my state, they'd pump 5 gallons over the electrical socket. :eek:

Bob Wilson

Has this seriously happened, Bob? aha :roll:

I actually semi-expect it if I don't guide the gas station guys.

Back