buying 2016 rex tomorrow. Which would you choose? HELP!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goto35

Between which would you choose? my dealer doesnt have one with both. Have to choose one.

Parking Assistant Package $1,000
•Parking Assistant
•Park Distance Control
•Rear view camera
•Park Assistant Package

Technology + Driving Assistant Package $2,500
•Navigation Professional System
•Advanced Real-Time Traffic Information
•ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
•BMW Online and BMW Apps

bwilson4web said:
I have both and the prices are proportional to their utility. IMHO, get them both

Bob Wilson
OK youve convinced me

Any other options bob that I need to have?

Im thinking of skipping the gigaworld and big rims as id rather pay for the technology rather than the interior looks.

I have both and wouldn't get a car without them. I don't think I ever encountered a Mega trim with both packages. If you are going to lease, the options don't really change you payment that much.
My local dealer has a 2015 Mega REX with the Parking package only. It is on "special" with $3k off the sticker. :lol:

My Mega REX has them both and my wife's Mega BEV has neither :) I would also vote to get both. I like the Mega interior and only see the comfort access as an extra feature I would appreciate in the Giga, and could not justify the extra price for that.

eneka said:
Get giga or higher. Comfort access is worth it.

Having a REALLY time getting both!

Did find this one Tech, Gigaworld and Harmon Kardon.

However to revering packpage. But since this is tech it does have the backup sensors.

Is the camera really that worth it!?

If you guys say so I will have to start with another dealer then.

The camera package is relatively rare, I had hard time finding it. My wife really wanted it- not only for the convenience, she was worried about backing up to a small child or a pet. All our vehicle in the past 10 years had the camera. Once we got used to it, it became difficult to park without it :)
Having said that, i3 is one of the easier cars to park, you would have the parking sensors and the automatic parallel parking feature is useless due to a high risk of damaging the rims. If you don't feel like you need the camera, you may skip this package.

gt1 said:
The camera package is relatively rare, I had hard time finding it. My wife really wanted it- not only for the convenience, she was worried about backing up to a small child or a pet. All our vehicle in the past 10 years had the camera. Once we got used to it, it became difficult to park without it :)
Having said that, i3 is one of the easier cars to park, you would have the parking sensors and the automatic parallel parking feature is useless due to a high risk of damaging the rims. If you don't feel like you need the camera, you may skip this package.
my dealer found one with the tech and parking assist. doesnt have giga. only those two packages. may sign as i want the tech! Im ok without the fancy interior (in fact i prefer NOT to have it!)

I had been planning to skip the parking package, until I rented an i3 and realized the charge port is on the back of the car. If you charge frequently in unfamiliar places, I would consider a backup camera (not just sensors) to be a must-have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I recall that Mega interior also omits some tech features- Comfort Access and Garage Opener.

Back