Frucking cat in the Rex

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

Washed her today ... I mean the car, so she was in the driveway for a while. This evening we keep hearing this meowing somewhere in the garage.

The wife finally located the source .....

must be a stray.

The battery is fully charged and the car is not coded, so maybe i'll start the Rex in maintenance mode to get the cat out!

:p

20160902_213910-L.jpg

:lol:

More common than you think. A few years ago, my GF's cat disappeared, last sighted on the balcony at night. We spent 3 weeks looking and eventually gave up, figuring that siamese had wandered in to a nearby park and been eaten by coyotes. 6 weeks after she disappeared, I come home one night and hear a meow. Traced the sounds to the front bumper of a neighbor's second car they rarely drive. Reached up under it and there she was. It was clear she'd been there the entire time.

Indoor cats usually panic when they end up outside and will scamper under cars, following the instinct to avoid predators. Might wanna talk to your neighbors and see if someone's missing. :)

johnnylingo said:
More common than you think.
Yep. In the '50's when I was a kid, our family including our cat rode from Alabama to Texas in our '49 Plymouth sedan. On the final day, we stopped for gasoline and our cat jumped out of our car without anyone noticing and disappeared. We were unable to find her, so my parents finally told us that we would have to continue driving to our great dismay. When we arrived at our destination several hours later, our cat emerged from under our car covered in road grime. She had ridden several hundred miles somewhere under our car while it travelled at highways speeds.

If you lift the floor in the boot/trunk to access the engine then the cat may be able to get out that way.

The gap she has squeezed into really doesn't look big enough to get in or out of.

Back