coding a USA REX questions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipnslider

Newbie question (considering buying a REX)

If you re-code your REX so that you can maintain SOC, is it easy to turn that HOLD function on/off? Or does it require cycling through menus and stuff while you're driving?

Also I keep reading re-coding makes your REX hold soc of 75%. Does it HAVE to turn on at 75% or can you set it at any other percentage?

You could program one of the preset buttons to do it for you without having to go to a menu. This doesn't need 'coding' in the same sense as what it takes to change the REx operation, only to activate it like setting a preset for your radio station.

jadnashuanh said:
You could program one of the preset buttons to do it for you without having to go to a menu. This doesn't need 'coding' in the same sense as what it takes to change the REx operation, only to activate it like setting a preset for your radio station.

Oh that's very interesting. Does that require any engineering skills or is it something anyone could easily do?

Are there other functions in the i3 that can be mapped to preset buttons?

You can program many things to the presets...it's all covered in the user manual. It is not necessary to know any coding...it's very similar to just saving a radio preset.

Back