REx full tank after coding

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ad78

i code it to from 1.9 to 2.4 but this morning, my tank is totally empty and i got 2.1Gallon and 69miles reading on Comfort mode.

after the ride, i checked my coding setting and it doesnt stick! im still seeing US codes in the parameters. anyone here getting the same thing?

It's my understanding that the 2017 models are already "coded" to take advantage for the full 2.4 gal tank. The only thing you would need to code is when to turn on the REx.

theothertom said:
It's my understanding that the 2017 models are already "coded" to take advantage for the full 2.4 gal tank. The only thing you would need to code is when to turn on the REx.

unfortunately its not. i have the 2017.
yes, i have coded the REx for manual turn on @ 75% and programmed on button for one touch activation

If you have a 2017 USA model, and have the larger battery pack, the correct coding should enable the whole tank's capacity. If it doesn't, complain to the dealership, and they should fix it.

FWIW I can't get to1.9 gallon even with coded rex SOC running gas to zero and forcing back to battery... Even with overflow of fuel in gas tank i haven't reached 2 gallons. I've decided the half gallon for me isn't worth counting on or having coded. YMMV.

Back