Anyone with over 40k miles on their Rex? Please chime in

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet CCJ. I am at about 31,000km which is pretty low. Once, after the engine came on the check engine light came on. I bought a OBD2 unit and pulled the code (high fuel rail pressure) and reset. It has not come on since. Pretty reliable so far!

TedNW said:
Not yet CCJ. I am at about 31,000km which is pretty low. Once, after the engine came on the check engine light came on. I bought a OBD2 unit and pulled the code (high fuel rail pressure) and reset. It has not come on since. Pretty reliable so far!
That's awesome. Glad to hear this :)

Off topic.

I have a 2017 REX. Each time I use the REX, an engine light goes on.

Something called a Fuel Purge Valve.

Did anyone else have problems with this valve?

I have my 2017 i3 REX back.

They replaced the Fuel Purge Valve.

So far, perfect.

Every day, I like the car more and more.

Other than the valve, no problems.

It is fun to drive in traffic.
Easy to use and get around in.

Hi CCJ,

My 2015 i3 Rex has 54,400 miles. 51,250 have been battery powered and 3,150 miles powered by the rex. The car is just under 2 years old.

The rex has mostly been used for short intervals, sometimes just 5 miles, sometimes 20-30 miles. I've only used it for a longer distance, perhaps 60 miles on a couple of occasions (at least that I can remember).

The car has had absolutely no issues and is about to have its first service interval. The only items purchased have been 4 new tyres. The two rear tyres at 40k and the front at 50k.

For the last 13 months, I have been tracking the car's prediction of range every morning. Allowing for temperature differences, the battery appears to have 5% less charge holding capacity this year than the same day last year (approx 30,000 miles ago). However, this maybe in part affected by any changes in the way BMW's software predicts range every morning.

The car's long term (since new) average miles/kwh is 4.5. However, strangely the app reports 4.1 miles/kwh. I've no idea why there is a difference.

I've every confidence that the car will fulfil its 90,000 miles PCP contract mileage by Dec 18. At that point, the car should still have plenty of life left in it. The Rex engine will likely have only 5200 miles on it. That is practically unused. If the electric motor is little worn, the car could go on and on. Any views on that would be very welcome.

Miles1011

Back