Earth Day Celebration in Lakeland FL

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sub3marathonman

For her public service project, my daughter is attempting to promote the visibility and knowledge of EVs here in Lakeland / Central Florida.

It will be open to any EV or Plug-In Hybrid, and will be on Earth Day, which this year is Sunday, 4/22/18 in Downtown Lakeland. So far we haven't set a specific time, that's still being decided. We are hoping to have a bit of driving through the town, stopping at the different chargers and maybe at the dealerships too, and possibly end up somewhere for a snack or late lunch.

Lakeland is close enough to Orlando and Tampa that we're hoping for some owners coming here too. Maybe even some from further away.

The electric company did a survey of customers, and 30% were at least interested in EVs. There was a similar % who said under no circumstances were we going to pry their fingers from their pickup truck steering wheel, so maybe they can see that isn't what we're trying to do either, more like save enough fuel so they can keep driving and wasting their money. It is possible that Lakeland Electric will join in for the festivities and possibly the local newspaper, the Lakeland Ledger.

If anybody has any suggestions or further ideas that would be great to hear.

I'm not sure if there are some other BMW forums for their other EVs, if so it'd be great if somebody posted there or let me know.

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks.

Back