Long but happy service call

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

So Monday morning, I dropped off the BMW i3-REx at Century BMW in Huntsville, AL, and picked it up Thursday morning:
  • Service action reprogram
  • Slow leak front right tire
  • Fuel door won't open at times
Everything was done but there was a delay in the fuel pressure sensor. From the report, "FUEL TANK PRESSURE SENSOR INOP COMPLETED SORT TEST AND FOUND FAULT STORED FOR FUEL TANK PRESSURE SIGNAL. ..." They also checked the right coil spring for damage, none found. All four tires at 5mm and no evidence of abnormal wear after 24k service miles.

The pleasant surprise was the drive home:
  • Does not show the current driving mode. But checking the environment range display, it looks like my default coding to "COMFORT PRO" is still working.
  • The 75% range extender menu is still there.
  • Tire pressure and temperatures are still enabled and all four tires to my preferred 51 psi.
I was pleased to see all of my tested codings intact. I still have to run the tank dry to see if it fills up to 2.3 gallons. This will also test the fuel flap release.

Bob Wilson

Rats! Coding risk.

I found it was not in ECO PRO mode so I fixed it. No problem.

I tried to find the passenger seatbelt warning so the dog would not set it off. No luck.

I went to expand the tank capacity and everything went catty wompus. It also set the speedometer to kph; killed the cruise control; zero fuel tank gas, and; no battery level. Fortunately the backup-restore worked perfectly.
bimmer_010.jpg

I'll contact the BIMMERCODE developer on Friday to see what we do next.

Bob Wilson

Repeated tank coding this morning and it worked perfectly. One difference was to have only BIMMERCODE running and no audio playback. Also held iPhone 5s closer to the OBD link.

The check engine light was on until the 3d start. So I used BIMMERLINK to take snapshots of the error codes and clear them. Strange the service department did not clear all codes.

I still haven't hunted down the passenger seat alarm but I'll do it later today.

Bob Wilson

Back