Need hand holding on 2015 Rex Fuel Tank capacity

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickp

I have programmed using the Bimmercode app to increase the fuel tank capacity but I cannot still fill beyond 1.9 gallons (US). Can anyone shed some light on this? I haven't tried the expert mode as I am afraid I will simply screw it all up :?

nickp said:
I have programmed using the Bimmercode app to increase the fuel tank capacity but I cannot still fill beyond 1.9 gallons (US). Can anyone shed some light on this? I haven't tried the expert mode as I am afraid I will simply screw it all up :?

I just bimmercoded mine and showed that I had a quarter tank left. I went to fill it up with non-ethanol fuel and put 7.75 litres in. Seems to be working on mine. I didn't go into the expert mode as I too am afraid of messing it up. Ours came from California and I still need to take it to the a local BMW dealer to see if I can get an extended warranty. I wont want to venture into the expert mode until that is sorted out.

PBNB said:
nickp said:

I just bimmercoded mine and showed that I had a quarter tank left. I went to fill it up with non-ethanol fuel and put 7.75 litres in. Seems to be working on mine. I didn't go into the expert mode as I too am afraid of messing it up. Ours came from California and I still need to take it to the a local BMW dealer to see if I can get an extended warranty. I wont want to venture into the expert mode until that is sorted out.

Thanks!

I am still not able to go beyond 1.7 to 1.9 gallons on the fuel tank capacity. Is there someone that can help me with expert mode commands?
Thanks! :oops:

bwilson4web said:
This is all I know: http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4611#p39817

Bob Wilson

Thanks Bob. Yesterday I found some info on increasing the capacity to 9 lit but I had to enter a custom value 0X12. Haven't filled gas yet but hoping it does the trick.

FWIW, changing that value doesn't do anything physically...it tells the computer that it can use more of the fuel that's already in the tank. The computer will shut the REx off when the sensor says empty...not because it really is. Changing the programming tells the computer it can use more and rescales the gas gauge. In reality, even with the reprogramming, the car doesn't actually empty the tank. The in-tank fuel pump doesn't really like that, so there will still be some fuel left inside.

jadnashuanh said:
FWIW, changing that value doesn't do anything physically...it tells the computer that it can use more of the fuel that's already in the tank. The computer will shut the REx off when the sensor says empty...not because it really is. Changing the programming tells the computer it can use more and rescales the gas gauge. In reality, even with the reprogramming, the car doesn't actually empty the tank. The in-tank fuel pump doesn't really like that, so there will still be some fuel left inside.

Yeah. Valid points. But I am not even able to fill the 2.4 gallons others get after coding.
Something I am doing is not right.

bwilson4web said:
Where are you located?

Can you make a video posted to YouTube showing what you're doing?

Bob Wilson

Hi Bob, I am in Los Angeles. I think I can upload a video when I get some time.
I even manually added the NHex Value 0X12 but no dice.

Back