BMW Connected North America App Incompatible with i Vehicles

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbledotcom

BMW NA released yet another iOS app on March 31 with a big publicity push. While the BMW Connected North America app simply duplicates most of the features we already have in the i Remote app, it does add what sounds like navigation integration with other apps and the Apple Watch so I was intrigued. I checked out the App Store page which lists the only limitation as:

"The new BMW Connected is compatible with Model Year 2014 and newer BMW vehicles equipped with option 6AK (BMW Online and BMW Apps), except 2014 X6 SAC."

My 2014 i3 has BMW Online and BMW Apps so it should work, right? Wrong. After downloading and installing, the app splash screen clearly states it doesn't support i vehicles. Not sure why BMW NA hasn't bothered to put that limitation in the App Store description or the PR materials that a number of publications reprinted so I thought I'd post a warning here. Don't waste your time downloading and installing BMW Connected North America.

Agreed. I used the app a few times to lock/flash headlights, and sent directions to the Nav. All is well.

MGTi3 said:
Agreed. I used the app a few times to lock/flash headlights, and sent directions to the Nav. All is well.
I downloaded and logged into the new app. I can honk my horn, but I can't get Maps to share directions with it. I am assuming that when I have a route shown in Maps, the share button in the upper right corner (arrow up from inside a box symbol) should show the BMW Connected app in the pop-up list, but it is not there. I have unloaded and restarted both apps. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Back