Los Angeles to Big Sur - fast charging at restaurants/coffee shops?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daglew

My wife and I are considering driving our new i3 Rex from L.A. to Big Sur next month - does anyone have suggestions for fast charging stations adjacent to restaurants along the route? We're likely taking the 101 north to Salinas and then the 1 south to Big Sur. And do any of the charging location apps available have this kind of function, locating charging stations adjacent to restaurants/coffee shops? Very much a newbie here, so thanks for any suggestions!

Use the PlugShare app and filter for CCS/SAE Plug. This will show a good number of Level 3 chargers along your route. You can zoom in and see where the chargers are located, most will be near shopping+food.

Best option would be to code the REx for Enabling full capacity usage of the fuel tank & Allow use of the REx anytime below 75%. Then you would be less dependent on chargers.

Although PlugShare is good, often there will be another car using the charger(s), or a charger that's not working, or some chargers have multiple plugs but only one car can charge at a time.

Back