Wiper Blade Speed

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3Houston

There is a little rotatory button that increases or reduces the sweep speed, I am noticing that it is not changing the wiper blade speed at all. I.e., Blades are always sweeping even at the lowest speed. In my other cars, at lowest speed wiper blade sweep in every 10-15 seconds.

Pushing the Wiper Handle up only makes them sweep faster.

Any idea whats going on?

While I am not 100% sure which options your i3 might have, I think that most of them come with a rain sensor (AUTO mode). Instead of having a timed intermittent wipe interval that knob adjusts the sensitivity of the rain sensor system. One of BMW's description of how the system works is here.

Thank you. It's Giga and I do recall that there is button, just didn't know it was rain sensor.

I will look at it later today, thank you again!

i asked the same question when I got my i3 recently. So it looks like you probably figured it out.. I found that this seems to only effect the speed as which the blades travel from their start position, wipe and return. It doesn't relate to the timing between wipes, only the speed of the wipe action once it starts.

Yes, you are right.

It does not pause between the wipes so in light rain when there is not enough water on the windshield, the wipers squeaking.

Wonder if BimmerCode has a hack for that.

i have installed Bimmercode on my phone but I have not yet paid for it to be unlocked. the price was $25 according to a few posts I've seen so I get it with that in mind. Now i find it is $35 and that is large % increase so I'm still thinking about whether it is worth $35 to me to have a few minutes of changes that I can live with.

I have a leaf and Leafspy pro is a great product.. can do so many things and it show live data and it's about $20 and have many more features that bimmercode. though that is something others might not agree with.

i3Houston said:
Dang it! Isn't it supposed to be other way around,given new iPhone cost upto $1500!
Developing iOS apps is considerably easier than developing Android apps. Also, there are many more Android versions in use, some very old, with many different screen sizes and resolutions, all of which make supporting the many Android versions much more difficult for an app developer.

alohart said:
i3Houston said:
Dang it! Isn't it supposed to be other way around,given new iPhone cost upto $1500!
Developing iOS apps is considerably easier than developing Android apps. Also, there are many more Android versions in use, some very old, with many different screen sizes and resolutions, all of which make supporting the many Android versions much more difficult for an app developer.

That makes sense! Wonder why google developer kit would not take care of that in 2018!

Back