New fault message

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

After having the major 3 week repair job, my REx has run fine for around 700 miles - apart from a couple of "Drivetrain. Possible to continue journey. Have checked by service" messages.

After the first one appeared briefly, and then disappeared, the dealer agreed I should just carry on as normal and keep any eye on things.

Nothing more for 600 miles of fairly short (<50 mi) trips, but then on a long journey to London a couple of days ago, I got the same message followed by a fault indication on the driver display consisting of a yellow "!" followed by "check drivetrain soon". The yellow "!" stayed above the petrol gauge indication for a few hours and 100 miles or so but then disappeared.

I've used the car again today with no fault indications.

Has anyone else seen this indication on the small driver display?

Hi Jeremy,

oh no, not again... Our car did exactly the same in the beginning of April. Two times the more or less friendly message, third time 'Have it checked soon' message with the yellow triangle staying on, as with your car. We had it checked; nothing popped up, The software was updated and the messages stopped coming. We've done >6000 km (>3700 mi) since.

Regards, Steven

I got same message twice after 300km journey - it came up when the level of gas in tank was very low. I think the reason for that is low quality of gas or "too low" level of it in fuel tank.

Ive had it a few times when using the REX for long journeys. Each time I had used the REX and had to fill the tank and continue using the REX for the rest of the journey. I believe its something to do with condensation. Each time I have left the car overnight on my drive and next day and thereafter all has been fine.

Back