Air Conditioning Service Bulletin

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormsaw

Hi Folks,
Well, the 'check engine' issue popped up at around 2500 miles. From this forum we knew it was likely a software update. Took the car (REx) into the dealer to have it taken care of, and were informed there are two new bulletins out: 1 - fuel pump (obviously REx-only), and 2 - Air Conditioner. A new upgraded fuel pump was installed, as well as new AC hardware. The A/C portion is where we've run into a bit of a snag.. apparently BMW utilized a specialty compressor oil in their design. Unfortunately the oil is warehoused in Estonia. I guess we're the first i3 to have the A/C work performed in the Washington, DC area, because none of the local dealers have any of the oil in stock. Because its a fluid, the oil cannot be express shipped to the dealer. Our car has been sitting in the shop all week, waiting for an oil shipment to arrive from Estonia....

If your dealer tells you that you need to have the A/C serviced in response to the bulletin, make sure they order the oil first.

Giga REx, fully loaded except for 19" wheels.

Back