iPhone 6 Bluetooth problems (solved)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericblz

Hi all,

Thought I would post this for anyone having similar issues. After getting the new iPhone, I was having trouble with the audio fading in and out, especially after the screen went dark with a couple minutes of non-use or switching to a different app. I had high hopes for iOS v8.10 but that did not solve it. The Apple 'genius' told me to wipe the phone completely, and set it up as a new phone. Then hook it to iTunes and recopy my applications, effectively wiping out all of my settings and wasting mucho time. Ugh. No work for him though!

I found a lot of people with the problem but not a lot of working solutions, but this did help me:

iPhone bluetooth fading in and out:
1) Log out of icloud on the iphone – SETTINGS, ICLOUD, SIGN OUT (AT BOTTOM)
2.2) Delete car/headset from iphone – SETTINGS, BLUETOOTH, SELECT DEVICE, FORGET THIS DEVICE
3.3) Reset network connections – SETTINGS, GENERAL, RESET, RESET NETWORK SETTINGS
4.4) Delete iphone from car memory
5.5) Restart phone
6.6) Pair to car/headset as normal
7.7) Log back into icloud to use icloud features

Good luck!

FWIW, I've been using an iPhone 6 since the first day they were available and have had no quality problems. At times I have trouble getting the audio started, sometimes the iPhone and i3 say they are talking, but don't. The seems to be addressed by giving them both a good minute after I start the car. But I have not had any audio quality issues.

For reference, I do have the Tech package with larger display and presumably a little different electronics.

As of today I've had an issue where the audio comes out of the phone, not routed to the car. Hoping it's temporary and not iOS 8.1 playing poorly with the latest car software.

I listen to a lot of podcasts and find that occasionally it won't connect properly.

I find that USB is less frustrating but Bluetooth should connect within 30 seconds of starting the car.

Hit the media button on the iDrive controller and make sure you are connected.

If the audio isn't working, I hit radio and back to media and it usually starts up. If not, try selecting your phone from the list again with the controller. It seems a little finicky.

Interestingly I had the fade in and out problem again via Bluetooth to the car.

After turning the phone off and on it worked - we will see for how long.

Sometimes going in and out of airplane mode helps but I haven't had luck with that.

Cross your fingers for an iOS 8.2?

I have a brand new i3.
Bluetooth works fine.

My iPhone will not connect via the USB Connection.

It flops off and on.

Will try a new Apple cable in the morning..

Just traded in a Ford Focus Electric.
The Focus had Apple Play.
Worked great.

Bummer

My last BMW had lots of electronic problems

I have had problems with cheap cords. Spend up for an Apple one and I think you'll be fine.

I just wish I could resolve the issue where the car locks into the phone stating there is a call in progress when it connects to the phone via Bluetooth. Have to shut the phone off and on or hold down the home button until Siri would normally come on. Instead of Sir it turns off the false connection.

I believe it has something to do with Google or Google Maps and their access to the microphone. It's an iPhone 6 with IOS 10.x but it's happened on all my iPhones.

Eric

Why can not I understand why many people can not fix the Bluetooth problem. I had just solved a Bluetooth Problem of from one thread. Restored iPhone, and reset network settings, and I also reset the iPhone. After that, I rejoined my phone on the device. this trick working for me.
Source: https://www.howtoisolve.com/ios-11-bluetooth-not-working

Back