Spotify and Rhapsody via Bluetooth

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GiefHammer

I have a problem with playback via Bluetooth using Rhapsody and Spotify.
It seems when I change a song or more often when I switch to new album the audio simply drops out. I can see the playback is running and the car and phone are definitely connected. To remedy I've unpaired both the phone and car from each other and turned off both the car and phone, turned phone back on and reset network connections in the phone and then re-paired the iphone 5 and car. Seems to help for a little bit but eventually the issue comes back. Anyone else having issues similar?

I have experienced the exact same issue as I use Spotify for my main music source from my iPhone 6. It bugged the hell out of me when it would simply drop out. What I have learned to do and it has been working for a week or so is to have bluetooth and spotify/rhapsody open and turned on prior to entering/powering on the i3. The album artwork does not show correctly but the music will not drop out. Try this and let me know if it works out for you.

I haven't had any problems with it dropping out, but the iPhone 6 not getting picked up immediately upon starting (though it's intermittent). Usually, switching sources takes care of it. Re-pairing seems really excessive.

I was in for a service on my old X3 right before getting the i3 and one of the service guys I spoke with said that the bluetooth connection is getting spotty all over the place, not just with iPhones. Sounded like the phone and car manufactures have different interpretations of "standards"...

I have had similar experiences with playlists and podcasts since upgrading to iOS 8. Apple introduced Bluetooth bugs that have been documented elsewhere. Not unique to the i3 or BMW. The bugs impact multiple auto brands. Some people also report issues with audio during phone calls. For what it's worth, I have a spare iPhone running iOS 7. It still streams audio without issue. Definitely Apple's issue. iOS 8 is the shoddiest software Apple has released in a couple of decades.

Back