Cover art sometimes missing when playing FLAC files

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aop10186

I have a strange issue with my media player... I have the extended version with 9 speakers from Harman Kardon. All my music have been ripped with EAC (Exact Audio Copy), but when I play the music in my car, some albums/songs are missing cover art. On my PC they all have cover art. I was wondering if anyone know if there are a size limit on the images used, or if there are some issues with the different version of the ID3 tag. Any tip or help are most welcome!

Thanks!

I have similar problems with id3 tags in mp3 files in my base radio. Some art images don't show and some files are playing out of order. I never got around to troubleshoot it. You will need to experiment with a good tag and image editing software. Try different image and file sizes, progressive and ordinary JPEGs, id3v1 and id3v2 tags- I'm sure you can find some common factor causing the issue.

I've noticed similar issues with MP3 files. In my case, I believe the way iTunes handles art was changed at some point then changed again. Both my oldest and newest files show art just fine. However files I acquired one or two versions of iTunes back show art in iTunes but not in the i3 or when played on my Apple TV. As gt1 notes, I haven't taken the time to troubleshoot.

Back