Quick Pass

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moei3

Moei3

I live in Costa Rica a gated community that has the Quick Pass entry system. There is a sticker on the windshield and a reader at the entrance.
On my 2000 Rav4 it works , but not on my 2017 i3 REX.
With the RAV4 the reader emits a slow beeping sound while with the i3 it emits a high speed sound.
I have shut off the the sensors. no difference . I even tried putting the car in neutral and shutting it off so that i am coasting as i
approach the entry gate and the reader still emits the same high speed beeping sound.
Any suggestions from anyone?

Thanks

The different sound that the reader is making probably indicates what the problem is. If you could contact the manufacturer of the reader and describe the behavior, you might learn a solution. It could be that the reader is confused by electromagnetic radiation from the i3 (e.g., keyless access system).

Hopefully, a solution exists. Please report what you learn.

What Art said
And, sometimes the window tint can mess up a sticker on you windshield. What would happen if you dismounted the sticker and held it outside the window when you went through the gate ?

If you've tinted the windshield, depending on the one you've chosen, some of them are quite effective rf blockers! Especially those that contain metallic sputter coats. I don't know how those things work, but do you notice any rectangular cuts in the pavement? If so, those tend to be a loop designed to sense iron (or any of the other magnetic metals)...the i3 doesn't have much in it.

Back