Multiple problems with my 2017 REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theothertom

I picked up this car on May 27 and drove 120 miles from the dealer to my house, stopping to recharge once at a fast charge station. Everything worked as it should.
Soon thereafter the frontal collision and pedestrian collision stopped working, and the posted speed limit no longer showed on the dash
Later, when the REx came on (thank goodness it came on the first time it needed to), I got an orange engine icon (non blinking) on the dash which, according to the owners manual, indicates an emission problem. The light went off after charging and the REx was off.
Today, when I got in the car, the backup camera was no longer working.
The gas fill door and the charging door have been problematic when opening. Sometimes they open on the first push, other times it takes multiple pushes.

Normally I don't post on forums to complain about little things but this seems excessive to me. I took it to the dealer today and I'm sure they'll fix it, but I had hoped that BMW would've "gotten it right" by now.

Hello Theothertom

I though a problem with by backup camera when it stopped working . What was happening was the key fob was opening the hatchback door. When I closed the door and the camera worked.

Mark

OK, got the car back today. The issue was a defective KAFAS control unit. Yeah, I Googled it:
http://techinsights.com/reports-and-subscriptions/open-market-reports/Report-Profile/?ReportKey=10440

The dealer didn't have one in stock so had to order one. It came in within 24 hours and they installed it right away. They even charged the battery to 100% :)

Back