GPS tracking deactivated

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrighton

Hi, I have just bought a Range Extender version and am very happy with it. However, when playing with the i Remote, in the Mobility tab when I tap on the Navigation box, it says that "GPS tracking deactivated in this vehicle." I have checked in the car and GPS is ticked (Settings, GPS....). Does anyone know what the problem is? Dealership not being very helpful at the moment.

Get the same message on the i Remote with my car sometimes. I then just go and tick the option in the car’s menu and all is normally OK again. Have you tried unticking it and reticking it?

It's been awhile, but there is an idrive menu item to enable/disable remote tracking of the vehicle...it sounds like it's off and you need to find that menu and switch it on. The I-genius rep at your dealership should be able to help, and I'm pretty sure it's also covered in the user's manual.

I am having the same issue. GPS tracking is activated in the car, so have unticked and ticked again. Location services activated in IOS. Always worked before. Any other clues?

Back