TP volume

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXL

Hello,

After driving our i3 BEV for 4 years and 65k km we still have this issue with the TP volume. It is very load and scares the hell out of us every time. When you turn it down the new volume setting isn't saved. Anyone else experienced this problem?

XXL said:
After driving our i3 BEV for 4 years and 65k km we still have this issue with the TP volume. It is very load and scares the hell out of us every time. When you turn it down the new volume setting isn't saved. Anyone else experienced this problem?
I *think* the volume setting is saved only if the change to the setting is made while the navigation voice is speaking. If the volume setting is changed after the navigation voice is finished speaking, I think the entertainment system volume is changed but not the navigation voice. So you need to react fast to change the navigation voice volume.

Art is correct...the volume control only affects what is CURRENTLY coming out of the speakers, whether it is navigation/traffic info, the telephone, or some other audible warnings. I'm pretty sure that's covered in the user's manual. Also note that that information is (I think) tied into the profile for the particular key fob you're using, so if you grab a different one, or your significant other's, or they happen to change it, it will be whatever the last person's choice was with that fob.

I think that the computer can only recognize a maximum of two keyfobs. On some other models, they can handle more (but may require an additional circuit board to be installed).

hi,

I'm aware that you need to change the volume when TP is stil active. We tried this many times, it just isn't saved. I came across a single other user from a german forum that is experiencing the same problem.

But maybe this is also related to the keyfob problem we are having. Apparently sometimes it also doesn't detect the correct profile. Like this morning when i left, my wife's key wasn't near the car (which is in the basement) and it didn't detect my profile, but instead he used her profile. My key was in my pocket.

I'm going to testdrive a i3s rex within a few weeks, will ask at the dealer then.

thx

Back