daily power loss

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanI3

Fully charged at Monday 98% and 127km range but 3 days after dropped to 93% and 100km range , is it normal?

Ps. 2014 22kwh i3 and total run 27000km

Let us know what the temperature was when you checked...

Just sitting there, the background battery drain isn't very much, and most of it is on the 12vdc, since it runs the alarm, the cellular connection, and essentially all of the electronics. But, the reported max range can change with temperature. Also, are you reading this in the car, or via the app? The app doesn't get updated all that frequently, so I've noticed one thing on my app, and it's different when I get into the car.

Basically, the main high-voltage battery isn't 'on' or doing much of anything unless the car is plugged in, or is in the READY state.

Do you have any recurring departure times programmed? Those will activate the cabin climate control even when not plugged into an EVSE.

Thanks for your sharing and reply.

I observed the battery loss before. And I have count the remaining battery persentage again these 3 days, seems remain unchanged. Only the max range just dropped 1km.

Anyway thanks.

One thought, if you have a repeating departure time with cabin preconditioning, that could drop the battery level. If it's not plugged in, it won't precondition the batteries, but still will condition the cabin.

FWIW, I've noticed significant range to empty readouts just with temperature changes, but normally, the SOC doesn't really show a change.

Back