Unable to pair with Apple watch

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you be more specific about the issue you’re having?

I have used the BMW watch app since it was released. It’s 1st gen watch app, meaning it’s really just a remote screen for Connected on your phone. All activity actually takes place between the phone app and BMW servers. As far as I know, there’s no way to link a car and the watch separately.

I recently replaced my Watch Series 0 with a Series 4. I think the Watch's Bluetooth is restricted to pairing only with an iPhone, so neither would pair directly with our i3. Worse, BMW Connected's Watch app doesn't seem to update until the BMW Connected app on my iPhone is manually updated by opening it which makes the Watch app pretty useless.

That is exactly what happen to my Apple Watch. It won’t pair it’s bluetooth to the i3 console. Was planning on replacing my phone with just a watch. I guess I will have to return the watch for now.

Magiclamp said:
Was planning on replacing my phone with just a watch. I guess I will have to return the watch for now.
The Apple Watch requires an iPhone for its software updates, Watch apps management, etc. So it’s really not possible to use an Apple Watch without an iPhone.

Back