Setting Departure Times Issues

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Ok, how does the Departure Time menu and settings work. The manual is really weak in this area.

I have set:
Charge now
Preconditioning
Departure Time 1 8:20, Mon, Wed - and it works as advertised

I would like to set a Departure Time 2 for Friday, and Departure time 3 for Saturday, but cannot.

Departure Time 2 and 3 are gray'd out, and cannot be selected.

As well, there are two lines between departure time menu settings with this: --:-- as the label
select them and you can access the day of week settings, but don't seem to really "set" anything.

?????

In the car itself - the App barely works for up-to-date displayed info, and never works to send settings.

Make sure that the car is not in READY state when you try to enter/adjust any departure time settings. Other than that, it works for me.

Where you vehicle is parked and the cellular coverage may affect how easy and reliable the use of the app or the website is for you. My cellular coverage is marginal where my car is parked, but it still works probably 90% of the time. As to current, updated status, maybe not so much. If you send a command to say flash the lights, it seems to pull current status back. If it won't annoy anyone, you could have it honk the horn...you can probably hear that from the house and definately if you're standing nearby!

If I missed something, please let me know.

Ok, got it figured out. Just the non-intuitive interface.

Just had to think like a BMW engineer: "How complicated and bass-ackwards can I make a simple interface."

Let's see, hmmmm, put a check box to be selected for : "Departure Time", but make it a check box you can't actually select, you actually must select the line below the line with the check box, Which is labeled: --:--
When you select that line, you must pick a day. Once a day is selected (via a check box that here works), you must then find the time setting at the top, and set that , before it will acknowledge you actually changed the entry. THEN the Departure time line and check box show they are active (but still not themselves select-able).

Sorry, I worked in IT, translating Firewall interface developer's geek-speak into training manuals , and they would be banging their heads on walls looking at how this interface functions. :(

Back