BMW Connected App

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quicksilver

Hello all,

I am a happy new owner of a '94 BEV i3. So far its much fun to drive! I am coming from a Volt so I am working to get use to the heavy brake regen (one pedal driving). One question that I can't seems to find an answer to is this...on my old Volt, I can set up the myChevy app on my phone and it text me when its fully charged. I now use the BMW Connected app and I can not find a way to setup text notification when the i3 is fully charged. Am I missing it or the notification feature does not exist in the app from BMW?

Thanks!

Neither the iRemote nor the BMW Connected app have implemented a fully charged notification. Software and the Internet don't seem to be among BMW's core strengths.

alohart said:
Software and the Internet don't seem to be among BMW's core strengths.

Why would it be? They are a car manufacturer, not an IT company. :D

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice if they can better implement the apps they provide.

BMW Connected 4.2.689.5 was released in the U.S. yesterday. Hopefully, it will have significant improvements. With our i3 in storage with its 12V battery disconnected, I can't test all features this new version.

alohart said:
BMW Connected 4.2.689.5 was released in the U.S. yesterday. Hopefully, it will have significant improvements. With our i3 in storage with its 12V battery disconnected, I can't test all features this new version.
Much better but it still lacks the community metrics. Also, I wanted to identify my "Work" location only to read in the FAQ there is no manual process. Still, better than before with less 'fluff.'

Bob Wilson

I tried to connect to BMW Connect today and it all went well until it asked for the last seven characters of the car's VIN. When I entered them I got a message, "This vehicle cannot be registered to your account."

Any idea what I should do differently? Is there a different "connect" for the i3?

Is the car new or used? Second thought, until the dealership sends in the paperwork, you can't connect to it until it is 'registered' in their account as being sold to a customer. Last option, and maybe the easiest, is to call them using the SOS button and have them try to sort it out.

Back