Why is there a choice of two cars on my iRemote app?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmj912

When I look at iRemote under tools, it says "Select your i3". There's mine, which is white, and then an option to swipe right for a second car. I swiped it, and it shows a gray car with a different VIN?! I can see its state of charge, the fuel in the tank, that it hasn't been on a last trip, and that its GPS location is currently disabled. I put the VIN into Google and this is apparently another car that is still at the dealer. Why is this showing up on my iApp do you think? Weird.

Most likely two vehicles are associated with your BMW Assist account. If you're in the U.S., press the assist button or call the toll-free number. The rep should be able to remove extraneous VIN.

If you do not have two i3's, then someone else's car has been mistakenly assigned to your account. Please call to correct this at your earliest convenance. The owner of the incorrectly assigned car will surely appreciate it.

imolazhp said:
If you do not have two i3's, then someone else's car has been mistakenly assigned to your account. Please call to correct this at your earliest convenance. The owner of the incorrectly assigned car will surely appreciate it.

cmj912 said:
I put the VIN into Google and this is apparently another car that is still at the dealer.

the car is unsold.

Back