CAFE mid-term review

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

Part of the USA "Corporate Average Fuel Economy" (CAFE) law was a mid-term review. It is currently under review but turns out to have a huge, technical document, "Technical Assessment Report", 1,217 pages:
http://www.nhtsa.gov/Laws+&+Regulations/CAFE+-+Fuel+Economy/ld-cafe-midterm-evaluation-2022-25

Here is the Table of Contents:
  • Chapter 1: Introduction (23 pages)
    Chapter 2: Overview of the Agencies' Approach to the Draft TAR Analysis (9 pages)
    Chapter 3: Recent Trends in the Light-Duty Vehicle Fleet Since the 2012 Final Rule (22 pages)
    Chapter 4: Baseline and Reference Vehicle Fleets (82 pages)
    Chapter 5: Technology Costs, Effectiveness, and Lead-Time Assessment (543 pages)
    Chapter 6: Assessment of Consumer Acceptance of Technologies that Reduce Fuel Consumption and GHG Emissions (22 pages)
    Chapter 7: Employment Impacts (13 pages)
    Chapter 8: Assessment of Vehicle Safety Effects (62 pages)
    Chapter 9: Assessment of Alternative Fuel Infrastructure (41 pages)
    Chapter 10: Economic and Other Key Inputs Used in the Agencies' Analysis (56 pages)
    Chapter 11: Credits, Incentives and Flexibilities (9 pages)
    Chapter 12: EPA's Analysis of the MY2022-2025 GHG Standards (82 pages)
    Chapter 13: Analysis of Augural CAFE Standards (102 pages)
    Appendix A - CARB Analysis of Vehicle Load REduction Potential for Advanced Clean Cars
    Appendix B - Mass Reduction Technologies (84 pages)
    Appendix C - EPA's OMEGA Model (17 pages)​

I just used the Adobe 'find' to survey the BMW i3 content and found chapter 5 to be a pretty complete survey of the technology ... not specific to the BMW i3 but the whole industry. Well researched, there are extensive footnotes.

Enjoy!

Bob Wilson

Back