Automobile Mag Scores i3 Rural Use, Engineering and High MSRP

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1096

The December issue of Automobile Magazine does an extended-test review of the VW e-Golf wherein the Tesla is named the best there is. However, in a sidbar by Robert Cumberford, their design editor, he describes his experience in rural France with an i3 REx (p 76). The point of the piece was to see if he could get along with the i3 in rural use...he did and used the REx only in bringing the car home and returning it to BMW. He extols the engineering virtues of the car and draws two conclusions: First, yes, it does work fine in local rural use, but then he takes a real swipe at it, without any background, saying that it is a luxury eco toy and he can't see any value in such a high MSRP ($54K) econo car. And that's where it ends.
Maybe we should demand some illumination since the main article praises so highly the even-higher priced Tesla, which we all know has nowhere near the engineering and efficiency.

Back