50k and everything is great

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3marc

I put down my blog as the car is simply ordinary in the high mileage it can achieve.

For those in the know I got it 2 years ago and have been racking up 2-3k per month due to a set of circumstances i.e long commute then just taking advantage of the free charging everywhere.

Only downside seems to be the front windshield with a large area and now adorned by a crack, courtesy of a truck and a stone in a ballistic trajectory from one of its wheels.

i3marc said:
I put down my blog as the car is simply ordinary in the high mileage it can achieve.
Enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for your EVangelism!

Next task: remove your former blog's link from your signature :)

Hi. I am interested in getting a used i3 BEV with about 50K miles. How has the battery held up to this point? What is the degradation like at this mileage?

Much depends on how the car was driven, number of deep charge cycles, rate of charging and amount of capacity released at bmw service. BMW 8 year warranty is specific about loss before module replacement. It means quite a drop in range before they have to do anything.

94Ah should hold out longer as potentially less battery heating when driven hard or rapid charged. Best charged at home or gently elsewhere.

Back