What would you do?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadam

Very close to pulling the trigger on a CPO 2015 i3 BEV with 13k miles. In the low 20s. The car is fully loaded with Tera world. One car fax owner (returned lease).

Title issued in late 2015 so still more than two years left on original warranty plus additional two years for CPO.

Is that too high of a price? I'd rather own than lease and am hopeful that down the line that a battery upgrade will be available. Even if that's a long way off, my daily commute can still handle the range even with some battery depreciation.

Curious to hear thoughts...

Go to a site like truecar or edmunds, etc and see what the CPO value is. Use that for negotiation. Dealers typically have some wiggle room in their asking price.

Sparky said:
Stevencreek BMW has a ton of used i3’s. Saw them a couple of weeks ago. Comparison shop.
Just buy it and experience new world of driving after 3years lease you don't have car anymore you waist 18K used one after 3 yrs is still worth something battery is 8 yrs warranty and by 2020 you get battery for 3K /200 miles .you should get with low mileage car for14-18 K New i3 S is getting battery 120ah that what we going to replace with when 60 ah battery start loosing charge bmw is Going to buy the m back for houses as back up system car is designed to last 40 years but if you wait 10 years we will drive them for at least 500 miles range0wner 2014 i3 the best car I drove my Porsche is rusting in garage driving cars for 50 years

Back