Winter tires load rating

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pb617

I am planning on getting a set of winter wheels and tires for my i3. I am looking to get a set of Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's, problem is i am not finding them available in the 84 Q load but 88 XL is all i find when doing a search. Anyone running these tires? The load rating between the two isn't that much of a difference...

The higher number gives you more of a load capacity...IMHO, won't hurt.

I would have purchased those when I bought my car, but I got a deal from the dealer when I purchased the car for the Bridgestones at a good price - tire/wheel/TPMS/mounted+balanced, for less than the new cost of the bare wheel.

I don't know about MA, but some states require a functioning TPMS to pass an inspection, so make sure that's included in whatever package you choose.

If I wear or age mine out, I'll probably try the Nokians. With the amount I drive mine, I figure I have at least two more seasons before they'd get too old and I'd want new ones. I dont' think I'll wear them out by then.

jadnashuanh said:
The higher number gives you more of a load capacity...IMHO, won't hurt.

I would have purchased those when I bought my car, but I got a deal from the dealer when I purchased the car for the Bridgestones at a good price - tire/wheel/TPMS/mounted+balanced, for less than the new cost of the bare wheel.

I don't know about MA, but some states require a functioning TPMS to pass an inspection, so make sure that's included in whatever package you choose.

If I wear or age mine out, I'll probably try the Nokians. With the amount I drive mine, I figure I have at least two more seasons before they'd get too old and I'd want new ones. I dont' think I'll wear them out by then.

Yeah, i didnt think it would be a big deal. I am planning on getting the tpms sensors also. I wish i could find a cheap set of used Style 427’s. The cheapest i have seen them is $300 each wheel.

jadnashuanh said:
I think you can find compatible sensors for less. TireRack's price is a lot less, and where did you get that price?

The sensors you can find for cheap. The oem 19” style 427 wheels i found on autorimshop.com for $299 each.

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-I01-i3-IB3/Search/SiteSearch/Tpms/ For about $300, you could have a few spares for your set of winter tires.

Back