1st UK delivery!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyW

Well, I got my BEV last Saturday, and it's fantastic! I was told I was the first customer delivery in the country, and as no-one else has come on here to say different, maybe that's right.

I've had a great few days in it already, including an interesting adventure up to the Ace Cafe in north london (round trip from my place about 68 miles) to show the Petrolhead Nirvana crowd, and even given their obvious preferences, they seemed to approve :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Chris in Bramley, I'm just up the road from you...

Your dealer has done well for you Andy, was even 5 days ahead of the prestigious Park Lane store :)

jamie94bc said:
Damn you! :(

Mine was supposed to be arriving tomorrow but it's been moved back to the 28th now!

You
sleep.gif
you
loser.gif

:D

Plug said:
Your dealer has done well for you Andy, was even 5 days ahead of the prestigious Park Lane store :)

Tbh I don't get it - I put down £1k refundable (ie not meaning much) the day after they were announced in August, then confirmed my order on the Saturday after they were properly launched in November - but I didn't particularly leap into action to make sure I was first in the queue or anything, and I'd have thought there would be keener chaps out there who ordered ages before me. Oh well, ain't complaining!

AndyW said:
Well, I got my BEV last Saturday, and it's fantastic! I was told I was the first customer delivery in the country, and as no-one else has come on here to say different, maybe that's right.

I've had a great few days in it already, including an interesting adventure up to the Ace Cafe in north london (round trip from my place about 68 miles) to show the Petrolhead Nirvana crowd, and even given their obvious preferences, they seemed to approve :)

Congrats Andy,

Mines still a couple of weeks away (either week 5 or 6).

What's your view on real world mileage, in comfort and Eco modes? Does the heating and air on work well enough in Eco to keep the windows demisted and car warm?

Sorry for the questions....but the wait is killing me now :)

AndyW said:
Plug said:

Tbh I don't get it - I put down £1k refundable (ie not meaning much) the day after they were announced in August, then confirmed my order on the Saturday after they were properly launched in November - but I didn't particularly leap into action to make sure I was first in the queue or anything, and I'd have thought there would be keener chaps out there who ordered ages before me. Oh well, ain't complaining!

I put down the £1k deposit on July 2nd! Perhaps it's because I changed my order slightly early September.

Do you know what your build week was?

Lemonypye said:
AndyW said:

Congrats Andy,

Mines still a couple of weeks away (either week 5 or 6).

What's your view on real world mileage, in comfort and Eco modes? Does the heating and air on work well enough in Eco to keep the windows demisted and car warm?

Sorry for the questions....but the wait is killing me now :)

No worries, that's why I posted!

Difficult to say after only 5 days, but for my epic :) trip to the Ace Cafe, I got it fully charged during the day, then set off in EP mode so I could have a little bit of heating & a hot bum. I kept the temperature down though as cranking it up speeds the fan up & loses range quite badly. I got there with about 55% (by eye, based on the line) left, then was able to charge it a little at the cafe thanks to a kind manager. I left with maybe 60-65%, but the satnav piped up & said I wouldn't get home to Guildford on the fastest route ie by motorway M4/M25, so suggested I take the more direct but slower route. That was fine by me, as with the difference between the range & the distance home I figured I was ok to give it some welly in Comfort mode with a toasty cabin. Blasting through London in silence was excellent!

I kept an eye on the numbers, figuring if they got close I could knock it back to EP or EP+ mode, but as it is I got home with 6 miles to spare :)

So, that doesn't really answer your question, but I guess there are so many variables, it just depends. I could've had an uncomfortable cold drive there & back with plenty of range to spare, or I could've been really warm on the motorway both ways, but not made it home!

The windscreen does steam up in EP+ because everything's off, but you can override it of course & just turn on the demister.

Other random stuff: I finally got connected drive working today, and that's quite cool too, setting the car up to be warm for you before you set off, and taking satnav instructions from your phone remotely etc. The driving assist cruise control thing is pretty good for the morning slog, although you can't rely on it 100% of course - it can lose the car in front if you're not careful, and you find yourself speeding toward the back end of the car ahead! Parking assist, auto reversing into a space, just makes passengers laugh :D Overall, it's brilliant - you'll all love yours when they arrive.

jamie94bc said:
AndyW said:
Plug said:

I put down the £1k deposit on July 2nd! Perhaps it's because I changed my order slightly early September.

Do you know what your build week was?

Sorry to rub it in - but I changed mine massively from initial deposit to final order in November, so I don't think that's it. The numbers on the order screen, but I don't know if they were for build or delivery, were 2014/3, but either way, it's well early!

AndyW said:
Sorry to rub it in - but I changed mine massively from initial deposit to final order in November, so I don't think that's it. The numbers on the order screen, but I don't know if they were for build or delivery, were 2014/3, but either way, it's well early!

That really is rubbing it in! - I tried to change my order in November and couldn't. It's possible your car was someone else's cancellation that's the exact spec you ordered. Lucky!

@AndyW - how do you find the onboard telematics unit? I've heard it's quite advanced but not heard many user experiences.

Adam

Adam said:
@AndyW - how do you find the onboard telematics unit? I've heard it's quite advanced but not heard many user experiences.

Adam

Sorry to be dim, what do you mean by telematics? The whole satnav/phone/media/connecteddrive thing all combined?

AndyW said:
Adam said:

Adam

Sorry to be dim, what do you mean by telematics? The whole satnav/phone/media/connecteddrive thing all combined?

Yes, that's right!

jamie94bc said:
Got mine this morning! I haven't seen anyone else in the UK with one so I think it's safe to presume I'm 2nd :D
Sorry to disappoint but you must be at least 3rd in the UK :D
I collected mine on 24th January and am the first in the North of Scotland, possibly first North of the Forth.
Delighted it with it so far and left with 20-22 mile range after my 42 mile daily commute. The range should improve once the lights, heater and wipers can be switched off :)

Back