Cpo 2016 Rex windshield is not bmw part

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ginaoz

My local dealer has finally figured there was leaking with windshield not put in correctly and sealed. Along with in not being a bmw part. I just bought the car 2 weeks ago, how can this be with cpo? Hopefully the dealer I bought it from will replace but now must drive 1.5 hours away. Warranty is not valid with non bmw windshield. Now I am nervous there could be more issues, hopefully not. At least I know why there is water sounds.

I hate to be the one to sound negative, but that’s not the only thing that cpo warranty isn’t going to cover. The bmw cpo warranty frankly stinks. If you go over to bimmerfeast, or xoutpost, you can read all the horror stories of cpo warranty claim denials. I had to escalate to bmw NA on mine to cover something basic and didn’t win, I still had to pay for it.

IMO they are on the absolute edge of false advertising when they sell it, if not fully crossed over. I’m sorry you have to deal with it now.

You MIGHT be able to force the dealership to fix it under a goodwill claim since you just bought it though. That’s what I’d try.

that’s not the only thing that cpo warranty isn’t going to cover

Yeah - a lot of people get the mistaken impression that the CPO warranty is just an extension of the four-year warranty, with the same coverage. It's not. Coverage is very limited. Basically it is a sales tool.

https://cpo.bmwusa.com/Content/docs/BMWCPOWhatIsNotCovered.pdf

Your best bet is what Clinkinfo suggested - see if the Dealer will fix it as 'good-will' - tell them they should have caught it during their CPO vehicle inspection. Going to BMW NA to argue or complain will be fruitless, as both windshields and water leaks are specifically listed in the CPO Warranty as items NOT covered..

What a BS dealer that is. Every CPO is supposed to go through a million (exaggeration before someone calls me out again) point inspection to check whether every thing is in order or not including if the car has had any after market parts added.

The dealer slept on this. Period. You need to make them replace the windshield at their cost and do not take no for an answer.

Back