Missed Opportunity?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky79

Hi Guys,

Been reading around the site with a lot of interest. I was fortunate enough to have a MiniE for 6 months a few years back (I think I had a few email exchanges with Tom who is site admin on here back then) as part of the UK trial so the launch of the i3 has been interesting.

Reading all the real world experiences with the car rather than the press detail and BMW marketing. I can't really see what is different to this car and what has evolved since the MiniE. Its obviously more of a finished product and a few tweeks have been made that came up from the trials i.e Eco Pro and the Rex version.

However, I cant help but feel underwhelmed by it. I was hoping for longer range and more efficient charging. 2 key factors in the car. It seems most people are getting around 90 miles which the Mini E easily did. I had a 96 mile round trip commute and only during bad weather did I need to top up at work from the mains. I know the Mini was a bit rough round the edges and had some serious regen going on which probably helped ive not actually driven the i3 so not sure if this has been toned down and has had an impact on the range.

Hopefully someone will be along to tell me im wrong as I was genuinely interested in getting one, but it just doesn't seem enough of an improvement over the Mini E experience.

Back