UK - Service Inclusive or Service Inclusive Plus? Discuss.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1

All,

Should be getting in the i3 in a couple of weeks after nearly 7 months - so now is the time to decide which service package to go for.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehicles/bmw-i/i3/2013/aftersales.html#bmwiservices

It's £375 for basic and £1280 for plus, only difference appears to be that plus covers brake pads & discs and wiper blades.

The question is - is it really worth the extra just for brakes when I reckon that they're not going to be taxed that much with the energy regeneration? I can't see myself having new brakes within the 40k-ish miles I anticipate doing in this car.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mark.

mark1 said:
All,

Should be getting in the i3 in a couple of weeks after nearly 7 months - so now is the time to decide which service package to go for.

http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/new-vehicles/bmw-i/i3/2013/aftersales.html#bmwiservices

It's £375 for basic and £1280 for plus, only difference appears to be that plus covers brake pads & discs and wiper blades.

The question is - is it really worth the extra just for brakes when I reckon that they're not going to be taxed that much with the energy regeneration? I can't see myself having new brakes within the 40k-ish miles I anticipate doing in this car.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mark.

First service is at delivery + 2 years. I decided against paying that in advance.

Bill

Bunter said:
First service is at delivery + 2 years. I decided against paying that in advance.

Bill

That's interesting to know - is there no mileage element to the service or is it purely time?

Theres also a mileage element but I don't know what it is, if I get chance I will look in the service menu and get it - or somebody else might beat me to it :p

I also passed on the Service plus option - however, as the i3 will have negligible brake usage I sort of think that in a couple of seasons the discs might start to pit and require replacement ( or skimming ) . :?

I've asked my dealer for servicing prices. £375 for 5 years servicing, which works out as 2 services at 24 and 48 months, is a no brainer, as every service on its own costs over £400 (for REx it also incl oils and fluids). Brake pads and discs add another £600 after 48 months - in today's prices.

So basic package: yes. Plus package: probably not.

I too went for basic. Costs of the pads seem not to equal that much. My experience is that paying up front for the basic stops you getting unexpected costs.

Sorry to drag up an old thread. When I ordered my car back in December 2014 I took out the service inclusive package. The car went in for it's second service on Friday. But I got a call from the dealer telling me that there was no service plan on the car. I am sure the plan was for 5 years. BMW customer service tell me the plan is only 3 years.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks
J G

It is 5 years, I had my 1st after two and they said the Next was due in 2 years and was covered.
But looking here https://www.bmw.co.uk/bmw-ownership/servicing-and-repairs/servicing/service-inclusive it’s 3 years 36000 miles, mine was serviced after 40000.
I have a brochure and it says S1 is 5 years 60000 miles

Well done. Think I will have mine serviced before it’s due as my company sell it off after 3 1/2 years, just so they dont get away with money in their pocket lol!

Back