New 2015 i3 REX in San Diego...Solar fed

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARKSDCA

I just picked up my new i3 yesterday from BMW of Riverside and drove it home to San Diego (live near Downtown). That was 106 miles without stopping so I got to use the REX.

First impressions: generally good but I did sell a 328d M-Sport to get into this vehicle so I noticed the tracking on the freeway was not nearly as good as that 328.....the i3 likes to wander a bit more within the lane. I'm loving the interior which is the lighter grey color (base interior)....and the ultra modern look.

The check engine light came on with no subsequent additional warnings lighting up....did some checking and it looks like it might be a sensor/software thing. The car drives normally.

I have a new solar system on my roof so the inspiration for this car was the free clean energy. Plus everybody likes a new toy! The great thing about BMW leases is they're assumable. One post in Craigslist (didn't even need Swapalease) and my old car was gone. Lease assumption process took literally 6 days start to finish. Key was sending the docs back the same day to BMW via Priority 2-day mail.

Thanks to Edwin Gomez my sales person for putting together an amazing lease!

congrats

some have said tire pressure is a contributor to freeway stability

not so with mine

she's a wanderer independent of pressure or road rurface

100_4452-L.jpg

:cool:

MARKSDCA said:
I just picked up my new i3 yesterday from BMW of Riverside and drove it home to San Diego (live near Downtown). That was 106 miles without stopping so I got to use the REX.

First impressions: generally good but I did sell a 328d M-Sport to get into this vehicle so I noticed the tracking on the freeway was not nearly as good as that 328.....the i3 likes to wander a bit more within the lane. I'm loving the interior which is the lighter gray color (base interior)....and the ultra modern look.

The check engine light came on with no subsequent additional warnings lighting up....did some checking and it looks like it might be a sensor/software thing. The car drives normally.

I have a new Solar Panel Cleaning system on my roof so the inspiration for this car was the free clean energy. Plus everybody likes a new toy! The great thing about BMW leases is they're assumable. One post in Craigslist (didn't even need Swapalease) and my old car was gone. Lease assumption process took literally 6 days start to finish. Key was sending the docs back the same day to BMW via Priority 2-day mail.

Thanks to Edwin Gomez my sales person for putting together an amazing lease!

Hello,
I understand what BMW was aiming for when they decided to use tall, thin tires on the i3.

The engineers were tasked with making the i3 the most efficient car available; the reduced drag from tires with a smaller cross-section helped them succeed, and the i3 held that global title for two years.

I’m sure wider tires would have cut a little into the efficiency, and perhaps cost a couple of miles of battery range, but in my opinion, they would have been worth it.

I'm purchasing a house with a solar system already installed and looking into the i3. Just curious what your lease numbers look like? And did you mean to type 2015 for the model year?

Back