Value Package and Value Package Plus for US? Huh?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnylingo

So as we get closer to the 2017 models hitting the lot, I've putmy eyes on a 2016 ReX, hopefuly at a great closeout price.

I was checking inventory this morning and got a bit of a surprise in terms of trim. Rather than the longstanding Mega/Giga/Tera, I have started seeing "value package" and "value package plus" for at least two local dealers here in the Bay Area. Value seems to correspond to Giga and but has "Deka Grey" seats with grey leather rather than tan, along with a black steering wheel rather than light grey. "Value package plus" I assume would then be more like Tera but "Atelier European Dark Cloth".

The BMW website still gives Mega/Giga/Tera options when building, so this is very confusing. Anyone have insight?

Don't remember the specifics, but BMW came out with those special packages in early spring as a limited time deal. You can probably find the press-release if you search for it.

See http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=899602.

Love the Deka interior. Do not love losing LED headlights, but you get what you don't pay for.

BMWNA has used the Value package conceit with other lines towards the end of a model year as a way of temporarily offering options that normally wouldn't be bundled. I suspect these i3 packages are a way to offer the base dark cloth interior (Atelier in most markets) before the official introduction of the Deka World base offering for MY 2017. The Atelier interior appears to omit niceties such as the center armrest and multifunction steering wheel. The fact that the Value packages can't be combined with Technology package and its active cruise control that requires the multifunction steering wheel is a subtle sign the same holds true here. That said, I haven't seen a car with these packages so I might be wrong.

stumbledotcom said:
BMWNA has used the Value package conceit with other lines towards the end of a model year as a way of temporarily offering options that normally wouldn't be bundled. I suspect these i3 packages are a way to offer the base dark cloth interior (Atelier in most markets) before the official introduction of the Deka World base offering for MY 2017. The Atelier interior appears to omit niceties such as the center armrest and multifunction steering wheel. The fact that the Value packages can't be combined with Technology package and its active cruise control that requires the multifunction steering wheel is a subtle sign the same holds true here. That said, I haven't seen a car with these packages so I might be wrong.

The Value package in the US comes with the mutifunction sterring wheel with regular cruise control and the armrest

Back