Dealer messed up the order!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitramluap

So my wife and I ordered two 94Ah i3 vehicles here in Australia - non-REx versions - and we were excited to hear that one of them had been produced last week! After obtaining the VIN and entering it into www.bmwvin.com I noticed that it was listed as an 'i3 94REX'...

Hmm... that can't be right.

A quick check of the options shows that the heat pump I ordered is missing (it can't be fitted to REx versions as it sits where the fuel tank resides)... and an additional 'option' of 'OIL SERVICE 24 MONTHS'. Strange. The BEV version of the i3 doesn't have any oil. Perhaps this was just an error in the VIN decoding site so I emailed the dealer.

Er... nope. :shock:

It turns out that the dealer messed up and didn't double check the order before hitting the 'send to factory' button on their software. Seriously, who doesn't check this sort of thing?

So, instead of getting our lovely new 94Ah i3s in October, they've been pushed out to January. Yep... we get to go to the back of the queue.

...and the bastards never offered anything as compensation. Only an apology. :roll:

On the plus side they're going to be stuck with some highly specced REx versions that they might have trouble selling. Good.

I'd ask them to let me drive the ones they ordered until the car I want is here!

Dang, that's some terrible service! If I were you I'd take it up with BMW Australia. There's no reason you should go to the back of the queue when there are surely unsold BEVs that are just going to dealer stock somewhere else.

Back