i3 - end of lease protection plan

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjj240

anyone opt for end of lease protection plan which covers excessive wear and tear?
it is offered for $1495 during leasing process, and fully refundable in 60 days.
i think it's kinda expensive.
BTW, it is offered by BMW (maybe serviced by 3rd party though)

my questions are:
1) anyone experience in repair paint chip or ding on i3 panels (plastic composite), bumpers, paints?
would it be much more expensive than conventional car components?

2) how's your past experience in BMW lease end inspection?

along the same line, what about appearance protection and the rim and tire protection package? any recommendation?

I only had a brief look at the brochure. I remember that the fine print had too many restrictions and exclusions, and the price for the whole package- body and wheels was in the stratosphere. Almost impossible to get ahead on the deal, considering that the insurance policy would cover any major damage.

I didn't purchase the lease protection plan, see it as a "non-mandatory" insurance policy. I keep my cars clean, and take care of them regardless it's a purchased or leased. When I return my 535i with 36 months lease, I had a few dings, but BMW didn't charge me anything because it's consider normal wear and tear.

Back