2017 lease

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markbb99

I am thinking of lease I3 BEV 94ah to replace my 2015 Nissan leaf. I just want a 24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. BMW has a $279 a month lease for 36 months and 12,000 a year. I don't want a long lease.

Any ideas what good deal would in New England area. When I ask for the total cost of the lease they just what to talk about the monthly payment. Just not sure what a good or a bad deal would be.

Mark

I am looking at potential lease in MD for a 2017 but w/Rex. The monthly payment doesn't include the down payment. Which deal are you looking at? The i3/Rex deal I see is $319/month for 36 months/10K per year but with $4244 due at signing. This make the total "monthly" cost more like $437/month.

Here in Maryland although its the end of the year and dealers send "offers" I am getting insane offers from dealers for a lease. There are a bunch of i3 2017s on the lots, but the best I've gotten so far for a 24 month/10K is $700/month (which is a joke).

So I'm thinking I'll just give up and move on to another car. Maybe even buy a use Leaf for nothing to hold me over or get a Bolt.

Let me know how you do, I'd be curious.

You might want to look at the leasehackr site and/or the edmunds.com i3 forum -- I've posted details and analysis of a deal I recently did in RI as well as helping others figure out their offers.
For a lease, you need to negotiate the 'purchase' price, and also pay attention to the money factor, ie. the interest rate you'll be paying. Those two things, plus fees, will determine the cost of your lease. Other things, like the residual value, are set by BMW Financial Services, so no room to play with that.

Residual on a 24/10 lease is, I believe, 64%. On a 24/12, a point or two lower.

I should think you ought to be able to get a transaction price discount, before the $7500 federal rebate, of about 10%, based on what others are doing. Maybe a bit better; there are a lot of dealers in New England, so there should be plenty of options.

You should 'buy down' the money factor -- each "MSD" 'costs' 1 month's payment (rounded up to the closest $50) and lowers the Money Factor by .00007 -- this money is refundable at lease end -- it ends up effectively paying you something like 15% on your money during the course of the lease. The BMW starting money factor should be .00134 before MSD's; don't let the dealer charge you more than this.

FYI, the Norwood, MA BMW dealer recently had a 2016 i3 marked way down; I think this may have been considered a used car, but I think it was a loaner? It might still have the $7500 federal rebate available on it? IIRC, the lease rate was pretty good, but I wanted a ReX model and needed to buy from a RI dealer due to a RI rebate.

markbb99 said:
I am thinking of lease I3 BEV 94ah to replace my 2015 Nissan leaf. I just want a 24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. BMW has a $279 a month lease for 36 months and 12,000 a year. I don't want a long lease.

Any ideas what good deal would in New England area. When I ask for the total cost of the lease they just what to talk about the monthly payment. Just not sure what a good or a bad deal would be.

Mark

I am also planning to lease the 2017 BMW i3 94 ah Range Extender. My DSR Leasing dealer offers me $289 per month for 10,000 miles with $3,808 due at signing and $7,500 rebate. This is already a good deal for me. I just don't know if there is someone who has lesser dealer offers.

I just got a 2017 BMW i3 Rex Tera with Tech package, Drive Assist and moonroof for 408/mo and nothing down except first payment.

If you guys are in New England area you should check this out, it takes $1k off your cap. cost which for a 24-month lease transfers to a $40/month reduction.
https://www.bmwevents.com/register.php?event_id=2635
Also, check whether your company has a Corporate Fleet discount with BMW NA (many do) - this is $1.5k off plus MF reduction and I believe can be combined with the above. If you don't have corp fleet, you might consider joining AARP if you are old enough :) - there is a new AARP discount which has started popping up on some dealer sites - (e.g. http://www.prestigebmw.com/aarp-member-offer.htm) - this is same as Corp. Fleet AFAIK. Current residual for 24/10 lease is 64% & 36/10 is 58%, current MF is 0.0014 - careful dealers can pump this up - insist on base MF. And try to bring the sale price down.

BTW I am in the same boat looking for a replacement for my wife's current BEV maturing lease. Good luck!

I found a lease for a 2017 BMW i3 for $280 a month fro 24 months, $4000 down and 10,000 a year. Used another dealers advertising to get the deal. Its and ok deal. Had to order the car. At the time there weren't many BEV's in stock. Will get the car sometime this week, :D

I am planning to lease a BMW i8 from last 2-3 months. Can anyone tell me the best leasing dealer who provides good leasing offers with discount offers? :)

Back