2017 BEV Ordered

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadJager

We ordered our 2017 BEV 20Dec16. Sales must be brisk as we will not get a build assignment until at least Feb17. Apparently they are pushing the REX builds initially. We are patient, no big deal. As a matter of fact it is good that sales are so brisk and the driving public is accepting this zero-emission technology.
Road Jager

Awsome! That's not too bad a wait...Ours was ordered in October 2016...End of March Delivery for Oz. Here they were pushing the BEV 94ah... Rex version not so much. Either way can't wait!! :D

Me too, my 2014 i3 replacement! Ordered in Dec and already has been built this week. On its way to shipping. I really wanted more of an update than what this car delivers. At least this one will have a sunroof and sport wheels. Beyond all the hype, there's really little else to choose from now. By the end of this new lease I expect there will be more choices from multiple brands, with some time to work out kinks too!

A little background on ordering BMW's in the USA. If the dealer has ordered a car for speculation, i.e, not ordered under contract for a customer, any time up to maybe as late as a few days before scheduled to be built, if he sells one, that one in the production line can be changed to reflect the customer's wishes. If the dealer does not have any 'committed' vehicles in that queue, and must enter a new order rather than changing an existing one, he has to wait until his allotment allows more. Depending on the car involved and the current market, that may entail a wait of a month or maybe even more before it can even be ordered. What usually happens, though, is the dealer will try to find a vehicle in inventory somewhere nearby and swap or buy it from that dealer to fulfill his sale. When I bought my i3, the dealer found one meeting my desires and had it trucked up, and I had it in about a week verses maybe months of waiting for it to be built.

The UK market is likely different, since corporate buys the cars, but their shipping time is less than to the states which helps.

Received our BEV Thursday. People go out and purchase different items in their life after checking them out to insure it is want they want and it is the best for them. Upon getting that product it generally meets their expectations. In rare cases it exceeds those expectations. "Wattson" is one of those purchases for us. It has exceed our expectations. It is really a well built and engineered product. The long wait was worth it.
Road Jager

as I understand it, in the UK, BMW does not 'stock' cars and the company essentially orders them to spec. Things are quite different in the USA...the dealers buy cars for eventual sale to customers and as a result, may end up having a bunch sitting on their lot waiting for someone to buy them. If someone orders one, the dealer can change his outstanding order up until the day it is supposed to be built to customize it to the clients wishes, but often, he can trade with another dealer to get one that his customer wishes. Also, because he already has the car, he has the incentive to sell it, and often, the buyer can get a better deal.

Back