UK: Lease New or purchase 2nd hand?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n10vco

Hi All,

This is my very first post.

I'm interested in getting an i3, for a couple of years, until either the Tesla 3, Jag iPace or some other brand brings out a normal looking and slightly longer range EV, that I can use for more then my commute.

However, I was wondering what an i3 BEV that is two or three years old would have in real world range, with heating on for winter use? I have about a 50 mile round trip and I really don't want to be freezing driving to/from work?

Also, if I was to get a new i3, what options would people recommend? For Instance, I think the HK sound system would be essential, coming from a Lexus GS that has the Mark Levinson system in and the upgraded Nav, any others worth having?

Does anyone one have the heat pump option and does that make a difference?

Thanks

Chris

Personally, I would not buy an EV at the moment as there residual value keeps heading towards zero as better cars come to market. Have you considered the Hyundai Ionic? Less than £30k with all the bells and whistles and with a 5 year warranty. Don’t know their lease deals but at that price it hardly matters!

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thoughtabout the ionic.

But you could be right. I mean the new leaf might look more normal and if has better range and performance it might be an option.

Regards

Chris

Back