Deciding between two 2014s

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaconzies

Hello all, I'm currently ending my chevy spark ev lease and am looking at two different 2014 rexs.

The first is a grey tera world trim with driver's assistant, tech, and h/k radio with 8000 miles at about $26,000 all together

The second is a silver mega trim with driver's assistant, tech, h/k radio, and the rear park assist and new tires with 23,500 miles at $22000 all together but it has a few minor scuffs from the past (little crack in the nav screen)

I'm wondering which you guys think is the better value and whether the miles make up for the higher price.
Also would love input on whether the rear park assist and camera are worth it.

Buying or leasing ?
If leasing can you post the details (MF, residual, etc)

To answer you question, I would stay away from the Mega trim one. The crack in the nav screen is a non starter for me. Also not that much difference in price between the two.

I haven't been paying too much attention to used i3 prices, but those prices seem a bit high.

The Parking Assistant package also includes front ultrasonic sensors that warn when the front of the car is nearing an obstacle which I find useful. The rear camera is nice, but rear visibility is quite good without it, so it's probably not as valuable as with vehicles whose rear visibility is worse. Automated parking is next to worthless because it is so slow that it can block traffic for longer than is reasonable and it can damage wheels when it parks against a curb. It is an expensive option on a new i3 but it shouldn't add much to the price of a used i3.

carter85 said:
Hey guys, I am planning to lease a 60 aH and I found here this deal https://dsrleasing.com/car-listings/2017-bmw-i3-60-ah-lease-239-mo/. What do you think of it?
I think you and your other personas should stop spamming this forum and pay to be a vendor instead.

chaconzies said:
alohart said:
I haven't been paying too much attention to used i3 prices, but those prices seem a bit high.
These prices include CA tax which adds about 10%.
If you add your location to your profile, maybe an i3 owner in your area would offer better advice.

The prices for these cars seem to be within their Kelley Blue Book values , but these values depend on the who the seller is, the zip code of the area, whether the cars are certified pre-owned, etc. I don't know how realistic Kelley Blue Book values are. Of course, your personal preference has some value as well. Neither car has been driven far enough to play a significant role.

You didn't mention DC Fast Charging for either car. It was an option in 2014. Many people feel that DC Fast Charging is crucial.

Back