Completed, used BMW i3-REx prices

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwilson4web

Hi,

I just checked the eBay, completed sale prices for 2014 BMW i3-REx:
  • $24,180 - 15,619 miles
  • $19,800 - 22,700 miles
  • $20,995 - 32,000 miles
Off hand, it looks like a fair market price for mine at 22,000 miles would be in the $20-22k.

Bob Wilson

ps. It is NOT for sale.

Thanks Bob,
Is you source completed eBay auctions ?

My local BMW dealer recently had a 2014 lease return with ~7K miles listed for $20,991 plus a $250 doc fee. They did not CPO the car. It sold in one day so maybe they had it priced too low and/or maybe there's some support from BMW for lease returns.

FWIW the car had Giga trim and the technology+driving assist package, but not the parking assist package.

I imagine prices will fall as 2014 models come off of lease.

Does anyone have a current purchase price coming off lease?

Local dealer is offering two 2014 REX lease turn-ins (mine and another), both under 26,000 miles, as CPO cars each with an asking price of $21,500 .

Here's another data point - CPO Rex for under $19,000. Granted, it has no options other than heated seats. (In Santa Clara, California)

http://cpo.bmwusa.com/certified/2014-BMW-i3-WBY1Z4C54EVX63396

2014 BMW i3
Price: $18,983

KBB.com 10 Best Green Cars. Only 23,642 Miles! This BMW i3 boasts a Electric/Gas 39.5 Cu.in. Range Extender engine powering this Automatic transmission. Wheels: 19' x 5.0' Front 19' x 5.5' Rear BMW i -inc: Mega light alloy star spoke, Style 427, Wheels w/Silver Accents, Valet Function. This BMW i3 Features the Following Options Trip Computer, Transmission: Single Speed, Transmission w/Driver Selectable Mode, Tracker System, Tires: P155/70R19 Front P175/60R19 Rear AS, Tire Specific Low Tire Pressure Warning, Tailgate/Rear Door Lock Included w/Power Door Locks, Systems Monitor, Strut Front Suspension w/Coil Springs, Spare Tire Mobility Kit. See What the Experts Say! As reported by The Manufacturer Summary: With its sustainable design and undeniable BMW agility, here's an EV that's bound to change the way you think about driving. Using extremely strong yet lightweight Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) as its foundation, this vehicle is as innovative as the technology and renewable materials it's built with. In the standard yet sporty COMFORT mode, the range of the BMW i3 is 70 to 110 electric miles on a single charge, depending on driving style, traffic conditions and the topographical features of your route. In ECO PRO mode, which operates with an adapted accelerator pedal that demands less power, the possible distance traveled increases by up to 12%. The BMW i3 with Range Extender increases your electric driving range by up to 75 miles to eliminate range concerns. Via the BMW i Charging Station, the battery is fully charged in approximately 3.5 hours. The electric motor of the i3 was designed for instant power, delivering 170hp with a torque of 184 lb-ft. With the BMW i Remote App for iOS and Android, you can receive detailed information about the current status of your BMW i3 at any time. This includes, for example, range display, battery conditions and charge levels, service messages, and even the vehicle location. The new iDrive 4.2 Navigation System showcases an optimized menu display with state-of-the-art technologies, like advanced real-time traffic data. BMW apps let you access social networks, music plug-ins, and video playback through your iPhone as you see them on the vehicle's display screen. With BMW TeleService your i3 will continually monitor specific vehicle parts subject to wear and tear as well as needed services and transmit that data to a BMW service center for easy diagnosis. Stop By Today You've earned this- stop by Stevens Creek BMW located at 4343 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051 to make this car yours today!

OVERVIEWOPTIONS & PACKAGES
Year: 2014
Make: BMW
Model: i3
Price: $18,983
Mileage: 23,641
Exterior Color: Andesite Silver/BMW i Frozen B
Interior Color: Mega (Sensatec and Cloth)
VIN: WBY1Z4C54EVX63396
Fuel Type: Electric
Stock #: LEVX63396
City MPG: 137
Hwy MPG: 111

FEATURED OPTIONS
Mega World
Heated front seats

I bought mine as CPO a few days ago in SoCal at Rusnak BMW

I paid $19,500 + tax and fees. BMW financial services has a 72 month special for used i3's at 0.9% APR. I had $0 down payment/drive-off.

2014 Rex
24,500 miles
Full Leather, Tera
Technology + Driving Assist
Parking Assist
DC fast Charger
Harman Kardon speakers
Heated Seates
White exterior
19" wheels

Be very wary of BMW Financial Services group as they need a serious beating on customer service. After turning in my i3 at the two year lease end, and making every payment like clockwork, returning the car in immaculate condition, they are hounding me to pay them $353 so they can use that money to sell the car to someone else. Are you kidding me? I leased the car from you, its your responsibility to sell it. Very rude and irrational people. When I explained that I bought another i3 but I didn't finance it, they wouldn't take off the fee. Nice customer friendly loyalty related policy. Management might want to rethink this fee extraction extortion strategy and fire the person who thought it up. And the reason I didn't buy the i3 I had was because they explained I would have to pay over $2,200 "customer loyalty fee" over the value of the car. I have the paperwork to prove this. Horrible organization. Get in touch with reality. You don't earn and keep customers this way.

You are upset about the lease termination fee you agreed to pay at the end of the lease in the original contract you signed?
Ok...

BTW that fee exists for all leases from any manufacturer.

Back