Central Calif. buying/leasing/negotiating advice?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SantaCruzer

Hello, all -

I've decided to get an i3, and would love some real-world advice from owners (buyers or leasers) from the Central Calif. or Bay Area areas. I have read – here, in these forums, and on blogs like Electrek.co – some pretty bracing stories about how much below MSRP or "dealer's special" prices people have been able to negotiate on the i3, given the amount of inventory in California. Does anyone have experience with or advice about this situation?

Just to pin it down a little: I want the REx version with the Parking and Technology packages, and have been seeing prices in the neighborhood of $49K-$51K, depending on trim packages. (I don't really care much about fancy dashboard woods or "leather" seats, nor moonroof; also don't care much what color, although not looking like a police car in a Bourne film would be a plus.) I've been getting those prices by using the Consumer Reports "Buy and Build" service and the Edmunds version of the same; they pretty much track with what one sees on some dealer's inventory sites, where dealers are up-front with a discount they're offering on MSRP. And those are the prices before the $7500 lease "rebate" or federal rebate on purchase price. Should I be able to get the price down much below that?

Very grateful for any thoughts and opinions anyone has on this topic. Thanks!

SC

The key to getting a good deal is timing (usually the end of the month and/or the end of a model year) and finding a good client advisor, aka salesman.
Check out this thread:
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4631

Also, I found truecar.com to be pretty good as a gage of what people are paying.

Back